I saw this craft in Family Fun magazine, fell in love and made it (with some modifications). I think it would be perfect for the front door, sliding glass door or where ever!
7/8-inch wide grosgrain ribbon in red, white, and blue
12-inch-long strip of wood (I used a paint stirrer)
1/8 yard of white fabric OR lace OR silver pom-poms
13 pennies OR 13 buttons
Hot glue gun (or tacky glue)
Instructions (copied word for word from the Family Fun site with my additions in bold and underlined)
1. Cut four red and three white 14-inch-long strips, and three red and three white 24-inch-long strips.
2. Cut seven blue 10-1/2-inch-long strips.
3. Run lighter lightly across one end of the the blue ribbon to keep from fraying.
4. Use tacky glue or hot glue to adhere the blue ribbons to the shorter red and white lengths, overlapping the ends a half inch with the burned blue end on the top.
5. Glue all 13 ribbons to a 12-inch-long strip of wood, such as a ruler or paint stirrer, then cover the wood with blue ribbon. Be sure to match up the overlapping blue line so it runs straight across.
Tip: I found the a 12 inch piece of wood was just a bit too short even as I overlapped the 13 ribbons. I used a 5 gallon paint stirrer. It’s thicker and leaves about 6” on either side of the width of the flag. I might cut it down eventually but the extra weight and length makes secure mounting!
6. Trim the bottom ribbon ends evenly and run the lighter across to keep from fraying.
7. For the circle of stars, glue 13 silver pom-poms to the field of blue. Nothing against pom-poms but I was looking for less of a kiddo decoration. I happened to have exactly 13 little white flowers left over from my 4th of July wreath making. (Was that God ordained or what??) Again here is the tutorial I used for the twisted flowers. I also think squares (or a wad) of vintage lace would be really cute! Very Betsy Ross-ish, right?
8. Glue a button to the back of each end for weight. I thought pennies were a lil’ more appropriate for this craft. (And cheaper!!!) Don’t you agree?
One more VERY EASY craft coming tomorrow. It’s cute and little and drool-worthy!
The nurse called today about the test results. She said levels of certain things were a little high or a little low but not to worry over the weekend. I’m super happy about that! Prayer works!!
But I also think, REALLY??? So we were stuck in the hospital for 3 days for nothing?? Doctors appointment on Wednesday should tell more.