You may have noticed I’m slowly changing things here on the Eli’s Lids Blog. We are rebranding the business name (to Every Moment Clothing) and I’m starting to write from the heart here. This has always been more of a personal blog for me, so it just feels right. I wanted to share my New Years Resolutions and let you know what’s coming up around here in the new year.
I usually don’t make New Years Resolutions. It seems too broad to say, “this year I’m going to lose 20 pounds” or “I’m going to save more money.” It’s most effective for me to make daily resolutions. I can do anything for a day. When I gave up soda, I did it for a day. Then I did it for a day again, and again and again and again… before I knew it, it had been over a year without soda. Crazy.
I made 3 resolutions this year and it just so happened that one is financial, one is physical and one is spiritual… (my brain likes that there are categories)
- Cloth Diaper. This year I’m going to cloth diaper at home, one day at a time. I’ve started doing it and I actually love it. I have 6 diapers and at .25 cents a pop, I’ll be saving $547.50 by the end of the year. It feels great to be saving some money, not to mention my crazy environmental guilt for all the diapers we have put in land fills.
- Run in 3 5Ks. Since running the Chapman 5K in October, I’m a total runner. I would also love to run in three 5Ks this year. This one is a broad resolution, and it’s already stressing me out. So I think I need to be more specific and pick three to sign up for asap.
- Fast. I’ve fasted out of obedience before and it was always kind of a burden. But recently I’ve fasted with passion for a prayer. It’s rad. Like REALLY rad! Brad and I have wanted to try doing it once a week and I think this is the time to do it. (This one is worthy of a full post in the near future.)
Simple, right? We’ll find out!
On the blog…
- Pretty. I’ll continue to transition to a personal blog… with pretty colors and maybe a fancy sidebar.
- House DIYs. I’m going to start sharing all the projects we’ve done in the house. I keep waiting till a room is done to share, but I’m realizing that I will probably never have a “done” room. So I took pictures of every room in my house, in various states of messiness (I always keep things real here!) and I’ll start going room by room. Then by the time I’m done I’m sure I will have added so much I can start right back at the beginning again.
- Cooking. I’m learning to cook. I suck, so I’m going to share the journey. For accountability and because I’ve stumbled across lots of easy recipes that might help other gals out.
For the biz…
- Rebranding to Every Moment Clothing.
- Debuting the Bohemian Lid! (Would have happened if things weren’t crazy right now) And so much more!
- New visions for the charities we work with. Not sure what it is yet. As we grow, I want to be sure what we give makes a difference.
So that’s the New Year in a nutshell. I’ll be taking it one day at a time! Thank you for your support with the biz and with life.
It’s a brand new day.
What are you going to do?
(I love this song right now. The video is silly, but listen to the words. Totally motivating.)